"Truth has the sharpest edge. There is tremendous strength in honesty" -Dr. PM Ali.
Dr. P Mohamed Ali is an NRI business tycoon and a highly honoured technocrat who found his humble origins in Thrissur, Kerala. He is a multifaceted personality, who is known for his versatile manifestations in the construction/ infrastructure industry, education and philanthropic arenas. With a vision to change the world, Dr. Ali migrated to the Middle East in 1972, where he laid the foundation of the flagship company, Galfar Engineering & Contracting SOAG. Galfar soon expanded its reach to the neighboring countries, and today, Galfar has operations running in Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Brunei and Maldives.
With the ocean of knowledge and experience that came with his ventures in Oman, in 1996, MFAR Constructions Pvt Ltd emerged in Bangalore, as a brainchild of Dr. Ali. MFAR Constructions comes under the MFAR Group of Companies, which also includes – MFAR Developers, MFAR Hospitality & MFAR Carbon. Over the last two decades, MFAR has expanded its operations across India, with ongoing operations in South India (Bangalore, Mangalore and Kerala), Kolkata and the NCR. Headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka, MFAR has set up regional offices in these areas.
Dr. Ali believes that holistic development is only possible with a balanced degree of give and take. PM Foundation is a prime example of such a philanthropic effort. With the aim to encourage education and personality development, PM Foundation offers scholarships for meritorious students, teachers and scholars, in recognition of their talents/ efforts and to encourage them to build a better tomorrow.
Personal safety and Over-all development, that is harmonious with environment, are two factors Dr. Ali has mandatorily pushed in every project he’s been involved with. His inspirational work principles and safety standards have been recognized worldwide, and Dr. Ali has received many accolades from both the Omani Government and those Abroad. The most notable ones among these are:
- On April, 2018, Dr. PM Ali was awarded the “Premier Partner Award” by Glasgow Caledonian University, in recognition of his exemplary and long standing Academic collaboration of CCE with GCU for the last 22 years.
- In 2014, Dr. Ali’s contributions towards the Hospitality sector and his support in developing Cochin International Airport, was recognized and appreciated during the Pravasi Diwas Ceremony, by Sri Pranab Mukherjee, the ex- President of India.
- Honorary Doctorate of Science by Caledonian University of Glasgow, recognizing his pioneering work and support for developing a world class vocational higher education in Oman.
- “Certificate of Appreciation” from his Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama in 2008 for the High standard of construction of Drepung Loseling Monastery.
- “Pravasi Bharathiya Samman” – the highest honor for an NRI, conferred on him by the Indian Government. This award was presented to Dr. Ali by Sri Atal Bihari Vajpayee during the award ceremony in 2004.
- Awarded the “Oman Civil Order” for his exemplary contribution to the Sultanate of Oman. This is the highest civilian honor in the country.
- In 1989, as the Vice Chairman & MD of Galfar, Dr. Ali was awarded the Sword of Honour by the British Safety Council.